LIFE IN THE DESERT
Your imagination is the limit
Every day in the Thar Desert is an opportunity to be moved by nature, the elements, expansive space and silence as well as to jump headfirst into vibrant desert cultures and rich experiences. It's a place where you can feel alive, feel connected as well as disconnected. It's a place to grow and see life through a different lense - to leave inspired, rejuvinated and better for your experiences.
We recommend staying at least 1 week at Mala Ki Dhani and enjoying both activity-filled and rest days, which can include:
- Village immersion: Live a day in the life of a rural Rajasthani villager. Immerse yourself in local lifestyles and village living. Taste local foods, learn traditional cooking techniques, connect with the culture and local families, live in harmony with farm animals and take a journey of spiritual discovery.
- Walking safaris: There are many places of interest within 10KM of Mala Ki Dhani and walking through the desert brings a whole new sense of freedom to the adventurer. Visit local sand dunes, an abandoned Maharaja picnic palace, seasonal lakes & nearby villages.
- Camel Safaris: Traverse the landscape in the traditional way - on camelback! We can organise unforgettable and affordable camel safaris around Mala Ki Dhani or in the western deserts.
- Explore on wheels: Rajasthan is mostly flat which makes cycling a very enjoyable way to get around. Take a bike from Mala Ki Dhani and explore the many surrounding villages and places of interest.
- Sleep under the stars: Pick up your bed and move it outside or take a sleeping mat into the desert with some firewood and fall asleep gazing into the unbelieveably star-filled night sky.
- Local sports: Fancy yourself as a cricketer? Put your skills to the test against local men or simply enjoy a social game with the children.
- Day trips: The famous Sam Sand Dunes, Desert National Park as well as many historic forts, temples and palaces are all within reach on day excusrsions from Mala Ki Dhani.
- Wildlife watching: If you're a bird lover, the Thar Desert is a magical place to be. If you're simply a nature lover, you will find a new appreciation for the harshness and beauty of the elements.
- Star Gazing: Being in the desert provides one of the greatest opportunities for star gazing. Be amazed by the detail in the night sky and kiss a fellow tourist while spotting shooting stars.
PLANNING A WEDDING OR PRIVATE FUNCTION?
Ever dreamed of wearing traditional Rajasthani dress and riding a camel to your own wedding? Ever dreamed of hosting a function in the complete privacy of the Thar Desert? At Mala Ki Dhani, sab kuch milega!
Call our manager Om Bhati directly for more details on +91 9587465564